Tuesday, April 7
This morning I was working on assignments, as normal, when I smelled smoke. I looked around the house, everything seemed normal, so I went back to work, typing away at my laptop. The smell of smoke got stronger and stronger. I took a break from typing at looked down. There was smoke rising from my laptop charger. Turns out it was melting somehow (ibooks chargers are infamous for this, so I hear) and as I moved it sparks started flying. Well, I have experience of technological fires (last year I put out a fire in a microwave) and have learned from this experience to unplug the item from the source! So I did that, and then unplugged it from my computer. The cord has melted and it's "safe to say" that my laptop will be out of commission until we can find a new charger! We'll look around here first, if we are unsuccessful, then maybe order one online...thankfully, Nic has a laptop so the work will continue.
Posted by Nic and Melanie at 2:58 AM