Thursday, October 9

On Being A Wife ... and other ramblings...

I am so appreciative of my mother. I have only been a wife for three months and my appreciation for my mother has increased so much over the past few months. Don't get me wrong, I love being a wife. I love cooking, I don't mind cleaning, and I love learning more about how to be a better wife. I never realized though how busy being a wife can keep you! Also, I must say that I am truly blessed with a helpful husband. If Nic sees me doing something he will pitch right in and help - and he also has taken it upon himself to be the "dishwasher" in our family. So, as you can see -I am completely blessed. Beyond that, we also don't have a washer or dryer in our apartment and therefore use a service that is provided right next to our apartment building. They wash, dry and fold our clothes. All I have to do in that department is put my clothes away, as Nic takes the laundry down for me and puts his clothes away. So I don't do that much, but thinking about planning meals, sweeping the floor, cleaning of the kitchen counter, cleaning the glass, deep cleaning the fridge, cleaning the bathroom, etc etc.. it all takes up so much time! This morning I woke up around 8:30. I read my Bible, and another book for a little while, made coffee and oatmeal for Nic and I and then began my work. I wasn't finished until 1pm. Well, I need to let you know that my "dishwasher" is officially out of commission for the next few days as he tore up his hands on equipment at the park yesterday. I'll post a picture of that for you soon. But yes, he had really bad blisters that all burst on his hands, and I'll leave it there. I also cleaned the bathroom and mopped today, but it just takes so long! Of course, making lunch (which needs to be a full meal for us since we work until 9pm at night) took up time too. The fact that this takes up so much time just makes my mind reel because I am not even a mother! It's just Nic and I!

All that to say, Mom, I love you so much and appreciate all that you and Dad did for me. My mother and grandmother have been my inspiration in my desire to take this "wife" thing seriously.. and to do a good job of it.

I read quite a bit of blogs by some women and have found some great ideas about meal-planning. This website: www.orgjunkie.com is a place where a ton of women post their weekly meal plans on Mondays. It's great to get some ideas from them! I also found this website: http://www.allrecipes.com - here you can search recipes by ingredient - which is very helpful if you want to use up items you have around the house.

In other news, Nic and I will be road-tripping this weekend. Tomorrow (Friday) is 10/10 - a national holiday here in Taiwan to comemorate an uprising . We are going to go with some other foreigners on a scooter trip east and then south. We will stay two nights in a hostel, hopefully see a lot of cool things along the way and of course will take a lot of photos that you can look forward to come Sunday. We are taking a backpack each and are going "snack" shopping tonight for this excursion. We are pretty excited about it.

The water just boiled, I'm going to go make myself a cup of tea. :)

No comments: