Tuesday, October 14

Grandma and Our Road Trip

If you are reading this, you could say a prayer for my grandmother. She is the most amazing woman I know, has had 2 heart attacks, open heart surgery and has survived breast cancer and we think she may have had another heart attack. She is currently being monitored and hospitalized. It's hard being away from family and friends at times like this, but I am at peace knowing that God is in control and that He loves her a whole lot more than I do.

In other news, Nic and I had an amazing time this past weekend on a road trip through up, over and through mountains of Toroko National Park. It was beautiful though and we were actually above the clouds at some points. We drove through the clouds (actually got wet because of them) and it was so cold but the views were breathtaking! On the way over it was a 10 hour scooter ride and on the way back it took about 8 hours. We stayed in Hualien, a beautiful tropical city on the east coast of Taiwan. It was really relaxing and then on Saturday we went to a black sand cobblestone beach. I have posted all of my pictures at the following link, but am hoping to get more that friends took soon.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2052568&l=1debc&id=141300814

We are now getting back into a routine. I must say - it is nice to be back at our place and not be using hostel bathrooms! We are also trying to wake up earlier in the morning in order to get full use of day before we have to leave for work around 3:45 daily. Today I ran at the park that's three minutes from our apartment. It was great. Not as beautiful as running on the beach in Bermuda or along Bermuda's south shore, but it is so nice to have the park so close so that I can get a good workout. Today a bunch of little kindergarten aged kids saw me - I waved and said hello, and they were so excited. They waved and laughed and said hello.

I also took wedding pictures into classes today for the kids to have a look at. In my second class an 11 year old boy innocently said "Teacher, you are so beautiful." Hahaha... it was just precious.

Well, that's all of my ramblings for now. If you don't know my Grandma's name, it's Olive Correia. Please keep her in your prayers.

No comments: